Friday, April 10, 2009

Spring cleaning, organizing and moving forward...

It's Spring. Yay. I am usually very ho-hum about Spring but this year I am ready for some new beginnings and growth. Everything that symbolizes the Spring season. So around these parts we are fully embracing the age old Spring cleaning routine. The kid's are on Spring Break and I plan on using them to the best of their abilities. I have decided to take before and after pictures of our spring cleaning and organizing efforts.

Our first project was the garage. Before starting I wrote down my three requirements:

1. Everything off the floor and away from inquiring children.
2. A streamlined look.
3. It had to be an easy straightforward project that fit into our budget.

My first step was to look for ideas on the Internet. With three children and living in the middle of nowhere I have learned it is much easier to decided what I want in the comfort of my own home. It makes for a much better shopping experience trust me. Once I got up from my Internet shopping induced haze to grab a diet Pepsi and snack, I decided to stick with the original plan and picked the Hyloft shelf system at Lowes.

Dh put up the shelves last week for me before we organized and cleaned it out.

I am almost embarrassed to admit that for the past year we couldn't park in the garage cause of all the miscellaneous junk I just didn't have the energy to go through. I had two garage sales even before this picture was taken, yes I am blushing. It truly was just a crazy amount of stuff.

Because I like a streamlined looked I went with wire shelves along the top of the back walls. I originally looked at the type that hang from the ceiling but felt that for our purpose and stuff it would be hard to get to some of my bigger items. Like our large fake Christmas tree.

Much better now don't you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment