Saturday, April 11, 2009

Closets.

When we built the house I insisted on putting closets anywhere I could imagine. At our one and only design meeting, dh would laugh when I said we need another closet, the architect would raise one of his brow's, and the builder would sigh loudly. I am a pretty shy and non-confrontational type person so when most of my suggestions were shot down, I went with the flow so to speak, until the subject of closets and size of rooms came up. Then I stood my ground. From previous houses we had lived in I knew how important having lots of storage options were.

Our vision at the time was for low maintenance. We wanted a clean and uncluttered abode. A place for everything and everything in it's place. Don't get me wrong we didn't want it to look like a magazine picture or a cold formal showroom. We don't mind toys laying aimlessly throughout our house or the place to look like an actual family lives in it. But we had lived in high maintenance dream homes in the past. That wasn't what we were aiming for. We wanted functional. Functional to a woman is closets. So closets there are.

Closets to organize and clear out. My task for the day. Closets. Here is one example:
Before
After

1 comment:

  1. The closet looks great! And I think your blog is too. Keep up all the good work organizing!

    Thanks too for dropping by my blog.

    xo,
    cristin

    ReplyDelete